Senior Front-End Web Developer (PHP, WordPress, jQuery, CSS)
Deardorff is an award-winning and leading integrated marketing and digital agency for institutions and companies around the world that truly want to go places and be measured for the leaps they have taken. We are known for industry-leading work, world-class clients, and a team environment comprised of highly talented individuals.
As a progressive, digital agency, we look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment. Candidates must be excited about wearing multiple hats during the design, architecture, development, and deployment phases of each project. Strong collaboration with our creative design team, account managers, and clients is key to producing award-winning applications.
This opportunity allows for and encourages development across a wide range of technical disciplines. As an agency, we utilize many technologies and the successful candidate will be given opportunities to expand their skill sets in several areas. We are looking for Web developers who are very experienced in the technologies that they know, and who are passionate and excited about learning new ones.
- Actively engages in the full software development life cycle.
- Confers with clients to identify requirements and determines their desired outcomes in coordination with the full software development life cycle.
- Estimates the technical costs of projects for clients and project managers.
- Works in a team to complete wire frames and functional requirements.
- Performs coding, quality testing, and documentation on complicated revisions to existing applications, and creates efficient and maintainable new applications. Performs code and technical specification walk-throughs and reviews with team members and clients to ensure quality systems and enhancements.
- Reviews website and application processes and recommends improvements or new methods to the Director of Technology.
- Other duties as arise with new initiatives.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Strong experience in PHP programming with a focus on front-end design and development.
- Fluency in HTML, CSS, Bootstrap and other CSS framework libraries.
- Experience creating responsive Web designs.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in WordPress development, including WordPress functions, plugins, and widgets.
- Knowledge in creating WordPress themes, child themes and premium themes.
- Thorough understanding of overall website and application design, including usability, industry standards, architecture, and navigation.
- Understanding of cross-browser design issues and clean workarounds.
- Working knowledge of SQL language and MySQL and/or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent code documentation habits.
- Ability to work efficiently and meet project deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Able to work collaboratively in a team to design client solutions.
- Highly proactive; takes initiative; able to work both independently and in collaborative settings.
- Experience at a digital or creative agency.
- Experience with other languages including Ruby and Objective-C.
- Experience with PhoneGap or Xamrin.
- Experience with C#, ASP.NET, and the .NET Framework.
- Linux and/or Windows server administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of hands-on experience designing and developing Web-based applications
Compensation and Benefits
Deardorff offers attractive compensation plans along with a comprehensive benefits offering, including: medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), and vacation and holiday pay.
If you meet the requirements of this position and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, please send your resume with salary requirements for consideration to [email protected].